Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A New Year's Resolution

“Peace comes when we stop pretending to be something other than our true selves.”
-Debbie Ford


“You were born to manifest the glory of God that is within you. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
-Marianne Williamson


So it’s almost mid-January… and I found myself wondering… what is it that I want for this New Year? I have a picture in my head of how my life, my business was supposed to be last year… And that wasn’t exactly how it turned out. But the thing is: It was a great year. There was tremendous growth. My business took off. I became certified in coaching. I got out of my comfort zone a zillion times, fell flat on my tush a plenty, and was…okay! And boy – did I learn what I needed to know. I am blessed to have the most amazing clients, who give me the opportunity to walk their journeys with them. I learned so much from them. I am collaborating with some pretty neat individuals to bring coaching to people who are in transition at their jobs and careers.

So what’s my hesitation this year? What’s still unresolved? Whose measurements are still hanging over me?

The fact is it’s all made up. How we’re doing, how we perceive ourselves. I know very well from the work I do that we have free will and a choice how we might view a topic. So if I find myself beating myself up, then what is it really I need to make peace with? What part of me have I not loved or accepted?

So this year I step out of that comfort zone again – a zillion times – to hold myself as a child of God, just as I am.

1 comment:

The Gutsy Mom said...

You are a beautiful and inspiring writer! Thanks for the insight today. I love you, Trin.